fredag 21. oktober 2011

Safari!


Wednesday 12/10-2011
NB! This is a fictional blog. I have not been to Kenya, and everything I write are based on facts I have read. The pictures are also not mine, but borrowed from the internet. (source under every picture) I also have a list of sources I have used at the bottom of this entry.

Hi there!

Right now I am relaxing in my own personal tent here in Masai Mara. It is great here!
This is where I live at the moment. Quite a paradise right? There are luxury-tents like these everywhere in the camp.There are tents in all sizes. Huge tents where you could probably fit several families into, but there are also one-man tents like the one I had.

First I will share some basic facts with you: Masai Mara is located in southwest Kenya and is known Africa´s greatest wildlife reserve. (I believe that statement). Masai Mara was first founded in 1948 and today it covers an area of over 1500 square kilometres. It is also, like Nairobi, located around a few thousand meters over the sea. This means that the temperature is not unbearable here either. The Masai Mara reserve has over 95 species of mammals. Lions, cheetahs, elephants, zebras, rhinos, giraffes, hyenas, antelopes and much, much more.
I will live here for three days all together. I feel like I could live there for the rest of my life. I have been out in the open every day with a guide who has driven me (and some other tourists) around in a jeep. I have seen so many beautiful animals. Everything out here is just so completely untouched and beautiful. I have taken a lot of pictures, but I felt that I kind of had to hold myself back a little so that I did not just look in the lens, but watched them in real life.. Here are two more of my pictures:

At Masai Mara, they also offered this airballoon-ride in the morning and well, I just had to use this opportunity. For one and a half hour I was flooding over the camp watching the animals and clearing my head of all my thoughts.
This is a picture I took of two other balloons just before I got on mine. Beautiful.

Now I have to get packing (again, ahh). I am spending my last few days in the coast in what I heard is a very beautiful place, Mombasa.


Sources:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar