tirsdag 11. oktober 2011

Finally here!


Thursday 6/10-2011

NB! This is a fictional blog. I have not been to Kenya, and everything I write are based on facts I have read. The pictures are also not mine, but borrowed from the internet. (source under every picture) I also have a list of sources I have used at the bottom of this entry.

It was a long and exhausting trip. The trip from Trondheim to Schiphol, Amsterdam, took about two and half hours and went fine. But then I had to wait for FOUR whole hours at Schiphol because my flight was delayed. This was pretty boring, especially since I am travelling alone and had nobody to talk to. Thinking back now, however, I think it was for the best that I was alone because my mood was absolute crap. At last, when I finally got on the plane to Nairobi and thought the pain was over, I got a seat next to a big, old man who talked constantly to himself and farted the whole trip. When those annoying, crying babies, who ALWAYS have to be present, started their thing, I thought I had died and gone to hell.  But I got through it. This is what the capital of Kenya, Nairobi, looked like when I arrived. Really beautiful:
File:Nairobi NIGHT.jpg

The temperature was perfect when i arrived as well. Something that is really great about Nairobi compared to many other African cities is the climate. You would think that a big African city like Nairobi would get up in extremely high temperatures and would be impossible to exist in, but the thing is, Nairobi is located 1800 meters above the sea and the highest average temperature is hardly over 25C! This is great because you can walk around in a liveable temperature and still get a very nice tan. It is perfect!

I am going to stay in Kenya for a about a week. My plan is to stay in Nairobi for another three days to see the city. In two days, for instance, I will attend the funeral of a very well-known person here in Kenya, you will have to stay tuned to find out who it is. Then, I am going to pack my things and go to Masai Mara, which is one of Africa’s most famous places to go to Safari. Cannot wait! I will end my vacation in Mombasa, a city by the coast. I am not going to update every day, but check out my blog later for more Kenya-fun!
I think I better get to bed now, I am really exhausted. Good night!

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nairobi about climate.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar