mandag 13. februar 2012

My opinion on Moneyball

Moneyball was an interesting and well-directed movie, in my opinion. First of all, I really liked the plot. It was very simple and easy to follow, but in the same time original and real. It was not just another stereotypical American movie, which I am very tired of. One thing that clarifies this, and what I especially liked, was how the movie ended. I liked that the Oakland A’s did not win the championship and there were not cheering and confetti, which would have been typical.  The way it actually ended was still a somewhat happy ending, but much more believable.

The qualities of the actor-performances are crucial for a movie to be good and so they were in Moneyball. Brad Pitt did a solid job portraying the main character Billy Beane, the manager of Oakland A’s. The interaction between Pitt’s character and supporting actor Jonah Hill’s character Peter Brand was the best thing about the whole movie. They made a very unlikely and interesting duo.


In addition to Moneyball being two hours of entertainment, I learned a lot from it as well. I did not really know anything about baseball and the money aspect of it which was interesting to see. Billy Beane’s team proved that you can build a great baseball team even though you do not have all the money in the world. The underdogs, who nobody believes in, can prove you wrong which I think is great.

When I first heard we were going to the cinema to watch Moneyball, I was excited. I really wanted to see it, because I knew it had gotten several Oscar-nominations including “Best Picture” and “Best actor” so I figured it had to be quite good. It did not let me down and I will not be surprised if Moneyball steals an Oscar or two. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar